Launch File Explorer (you can press Win+E). Click “This PC” in the left sidebar, if File Explorer didn’t open to the This PC screen. At the top of the screen, click the “Map network drive” button in the “Network” toolbar section. Enter the address of your network share in the prompt which appears and click “Finish.”
How do I access another computer on the same Network?
Open File Explorer and select a file or folder that you wish to give other computers access to. Click the “Share” tab and then choose which computers or which network to share this file with. Select “Workgroup” to share the file or folder with every computer on the network.
How do I connect to a Network?
Swipe down from the top of the screen. Tap Internet. In the panel that appears, select a network.
On these notifications:
- To connect to the network, tap Connect.
- To change Wi-Fi settings, tap All Networks.
- To not get notifications for that network, clear the notification. Learn how to control notifications.
Choose the drive letter from the drop-down box. Click the “Browse” button and point to the location of the shared computer folder or drive. Click “OK.” Check the box labeled “Reconnect at logon” to map the drive each time you boot into your computer. Click “Finish” to complete the settings.
If you want to share files between computers, follow the steps: Step 1: Input OneDrive on the search bar, then open it. Step 2: Right-click the files you want to share, and then choose Share an OneDrive link for creating a shareable link. Step 3: Copy and send a link to the people who operate the remote pc.
Share a folder, drive, or printer
- Right-click the folder or drive you want to share.
- Click Properties. …
- Click Share this folder.
- In the appropriate fields, type the name of the share (as it appears to other computers), the maximum number of simultaneous users, and any comments that should appear beside it.
How do I connect my laptop to a network?
In Windows 10
Select the Network or Wifi icon in the notification area. In the list of networks, choose the network that you want to connect to, and then select Connect. Type the security key (often called the password).
How do I connect to other WiFi networks?
How to connect to Wi-Fi network using Settings
- Open Settings.
- Click on Network & Security.
- Click on Wi-Fi.
- Click the Manage known networks option. …
- Click the Add a new network button. …
- Confirm the name of the network.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the Security type – For example, WPA2-Personal AES.
How do I connect devices to my WiFi?
- Find your device’s wireless settings menu and select “Enable” or “On” to turn WiFi on.
- Select your network (SSID) from the list, then enter the network key/passphrase when prompted and select “Connect” or “Join.”