In the admin center, go to the Groups > Shared mailboxes page. Select the shared mailbox you want to edit, and then select Edit next to Name, Email, Email aliases. Enter a new name, or add another alias. If you want to change the primary email address, your mailbox must have more than one email alias.
Click +Add members and select the active users you want to have access to the new shared mailbox. Click Save and then Close.
How to Convert a User’s Mailbox to a Shared Mailbox
- In the Exchange admin center, choose Recipients > Mailboxes.
- Select the user’s mailbox.
- Click Convert under Convert to Shared Mailbox.
How do I get Outlook to automatically update a folder?
Auto-updating the Outlook calendar
- In the Send/Receive Groups dialog, hit the Edit button.
- Then in the left hand side, ensure that your email account is marked.
- Then under Folder Options ensure that your Calendar folder is marked.
- Hit Apply.
Add a shared mailbox account to Outlook 2016
- In Outlook 2016 access File > Account Settings > Account Settings…
- On the Email tab select New… …
- Select Next to proceed.
- Change the email address to sign in with by selecting Sign in with another account.
- Sign in with your own account credentials and select Finish.
How do you edit a mailbox in Outlook?
Setting Your Preferences
To set the default mailbox of Outlook, click the “File” tab and then click the “Options” menu item. Click the “Advanced” tab and locate the “Outlook start and exit” segment. Click the “Browse…” button and select the folder you want to use as your default mailbox.
Modifying Access to a Shared Mailbox Folder
- Open Outlook.
- In the Navigation Pane, locate the shared mailbox and expand it using the arrow to the left of its name.
- Right-click on Inbox and select Properties….
- Select the Permissions tab.
- Select the individual you wish to modify.
STEPS TO CONVERT REGULAR MAILBOX TO SHARED MAILBOX
- Log in to your Microsoft 365 account. …
- In the Microsoft 365 admin center, choose the Active users option.
- Choose the user mailbox which you want to convert to the shared mailbox. …
- Then, click Convert to shared mailbox to convert your regular mailbox to a shared one.
Incorporate these 7 shared mailbox practices
- Bring accountability to the queue. …
- Record processes and responses outside of the mailbox. …
- Make folders or labels for your mailbox. …
- Create boundaries around access. …
- Look for overarching insights. …
- Prioritize inbox zero. …
- End on a positive note.
If your administrator has only recently provided you access to a shared mailbox, it may take a short time before the shared mailbox automatically appears in your Outlook profile. If the shared mailbox does not automatically display in Outlook, you may need to restart Outlook to see the shared mailbox.
If the shared mailbox is not synchronizing, you might try to disable, restart Outlook, and re-enable again Cached Exchange Mode on the advanced profile configuration settings of your Outlook profile. Click File > Account Settings > Account Settings. … Restart Outlook, re-enable the checkbox and see if the issue persists.
Why is my Outlook mail not updating?
Sometimes due to poor internet connectivity and other reasons the content and folders in Outlook do not get updated automatically. To update it manually, you need to click on the Send/Receive tab on the top of the Outlook screen and click on the Update folder option given there.
How do I fix Outlook not updating emails?
Open Microsoft Outlook and click on the File tab. Now under Info, click on Account Settings and open the settings for the affected account. When the Account Settings open, select the email account which is not syncing and then click on the Repair button.