For those of you seeing the “Share” option in your posts… That means that post is open to the public to see. If you have your profile settings set to “Friends”, then no one will be able to share your posts. This is NOT fair by any means and FACEBOOK needs to put it back.
Depending on the post’s privacy settings, you may see the following options:
- Share Now.
- Write Post. Post. To share to a friend’s timeline, tap Share to Facebook and select Friend’s Timeline. Type your friend’s name, then tap Post. audience selector.
- Send as Message. Send.
- Share in a Group. Post.
- Share to a Page. Post.
In the left sidebar scroll down and click on “settings”: In the settings page scroll down to find “Connect With Facebook”. Select the Enable Facebook Share Functionality box. You will then be given the option to edit the text that appears.
You have always been able to hide posts from your Facebook page after the fact, but now Facebook lets you post to the News Feed without the items ever touching your Timeline. … When sharing, you still have the same options to share to your own Timeline, a friend’s Timeline or in a group or event.
How to allow people to share your post on Facebook on a mobile device
- Find the post you want to make shareable and tap the three dots in the upper right corner. …
- In the pop-up menu, tap “Edit Privacy.” …
- In the “Privacy” menu, tap the checkbox next to “Public,” then tap “Done” in the upper right corner of the screen.
How to Change the Facebook Share Setting for Previously Shared…
- Visit your personal timeline and click the Activity Log button directly below your cover photo. …
- Find the status update for which you want to change the sharing preference. …
- Click the share icon and choose a sharing option from the list.
Can you repost an old post on Facebook?
If you see a post on Facebook that you want to share with your friends or followers, all you need to do is copy and repost it. Facebook makes this easy with the Share feature. You can repost videos, photos, links and text.
How to unblock someone on Facebook
- In the upper right corner of Facebook, click the down arrow and select Settings ; …
- Enter Block ;
- Click Unblock next to the person’s name to remove the block;
- Ready! Now the person can see your profile but has not yet become your friend.
If you do not see the Share button below a friend’s Facebook post, their profile is probably locked down. You can’t share their posts, although you can ask a friend to change the privacy settings on a post to “Friends” to allow you and others to share the post.
Click on the three-dot icon to the top right of the post you want to make shareable. Then, select the Edit Audience option from the drop-down list. A list of audience options will appear. Choose Public from the list of available options to make the post shareable.