xBorderPros.com Discussion Forum

Cross Border Taxation => US-Canada Tax Questions => Topic started by: rfourny on April 21, 2019, 07:04:00 PM

Title: Dual Citizen Canadian resident with employment/self-employment income
Post by: rfourny on April 21, 2019, 07:04:00 PM
I am a dual citizen living in Canada.  I am a teacher and therefore have employment income.  I also offer private piano lessons (self-employment income).  I an an independent contractor for an organization in the US.  I have filed my Canadian income tax return reporting on and paying taxes on my worldwide income, Canada and US, employment and self-employment.  I know I can choose to exclude my Canadian income with Form 2555 or take a tax credit for taxes paid on my Canadian income but what about the taxes I have paid on my American income (1099MISC) as an independent contractor?  Where do I claim that or can I?  Thank you for your help.