Cross Border Taxation > Tax Issues for Newcomers to Canada (non-US)

Date of becoming Canadian Resident for tax purposes

<< < (2/2)

Phil Hogan, CPA, CA, CPA (Colorado):
Not necessarily. The 183-day rule most often applies to those that are in and out of the country, not those that potentially move to Canada to maintain residency. CRA would assess residency based on ties and not the 183 day rule. It will be up to you to argue that you were not a resident for all of 2017.



[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version