xBorderPros.com Discussion Forum

Immigration => Generally Canadian Immigration Issues => Topic started by: rswtr on June 05, 2019, 06:04:13 PM

Title: Permanent Resident leaving Canada - How to inform CRA
Post by: rswtr on June 05, 2019, 06:04:13 PM
Hi there,

I'm currently a Permanent Resident residing in Canada but plan to leave Canada for good to move back to my country of citizenship in September 2019. I am currently employed in Canada and receive a Canadian income, but will be resigning at the end of August 2019.

I don't own any property here or have any investments. I hold a TFSA account with very minimal funds in it.

Do I need to officially inform the CRA of my leaving, and if so, how do I do so? What taxes would then be applicable to me?

Thank you so much for your help!