You can specify it through the command line using the net command. You can also specify different credentials using the Windows Explorer GUI. From the Tools menu select Map network drive…. On the Map Network Drive dialog window there is a checkbox for “Connect using different credentials”.
Right click on the Computer icon on the desktop. From the drop down list, choose Map Network Drive. Pick a drive letter that you want to use to access the shared folder and then type in the UNC path to the folder. UNC path is just a special format for pointing to a folder on another computer.
Sharing files using basic settings
- Open File Explorer on Windows 10.
- Navigate to the folder you want to share.
- Right-click the item, and select the Properties option. …
- Click on the Sharing tab.
- Click the Share button. …
- Use the drop-down menu to select the user or group to share a file or folder. …
- Click the Add button.
How do I log into different credentials?
Option 1 – Open the browser as a different user:
- Hold ‘Shift’ and right-click on your browser icon on the Desktop/Windows Start Menu.
- Select ‘Run as different user’.
- Enter the login credentials of the user you wish to use.
- Access Cognos with that browser window and you will be logged in as that user.
To disconnect your mapped drive, open My Computer, then right-click on the drive. A pop-up window will appear, where you can choose disconnect. You can also select Disconnect Network Drive… from the Tools menu. A Disconnect Network Drive window will appear.
How do I run a program as another user?
To Run a program as a different user, simply press the Shift key and right-click on the shortcut or executable you wish to Run as different user. From the right-click context menu, select Run as different user.
If you want to share files between computers, follow the steps: Step 1: Input OneDrive on the search bar, then open it. Step 2: Right-click the files you want to share, and then choose Share an OneDrive link for creating a shareable link. Step 3: Copy and send a link to the people who operate the remote pc.
To check the path of a network drive using File Explorer, click on ‘This PC’ on the left panel in Explorer. Then double-click the mapped drive under ‘Network Locations’. The path of the mapped network drive can be seen at the top.
To resolve the issue, go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Advanced Sharing Settings. Make sure your settings are as follows: Network Discovery: ON; Network Settings: Private; File Sharing: ON; Public Folder Sharing: ON; Password Protected Sharing: OFF.
How do I give someone access to my network drive?
Right click on the drive that you want to share and select “Give access to” > “Advanced Sharing…”. Enter a name to identify the drive over the network. If you want to be able to both read and write to the drives from your other computers, select “Permissions” and check “Allow” for “Full Control.”
How do I give someone access to my server?
- Log in to Microsoft Windows Server as an administrator.
- Create a group. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Active Directory and Computers. …
- Configure the server to allow local users and the DataStage group to log in. …
- Add users to the group. …
- Set permissions for the following folders:
How do I give permission for network sharing?
How to Change Share Permissions
- Right-click the shared folder.
- Click “Properties”.
- Open the “Sharing” tab.
- Click “Advanced Sharing”.
- Click “Permissions”.
- Select a user or group from the list.
- Select either “Allow” or “Deny” for each of the settings.