To create copies:
- Go to “Shared with me” in your old Drive.
- Select the files that you wish to save.
- Right-click on them and select “Make a copy”. How to make a copy of a shared file in Google Drive.
- Go to My Drive and view the files.
Download a copy of a file
- On your computer, open a Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Forms home screen.
- Open a document, spreadsheet, or presentation.
- At the top, click File. Download as.
- Choose a file type. The file will download onto your computer.
Following are the steps to Move Files from Shared With Me to My Drive:
- Click “Shared with me” tab located at the left side of window.
- Click a file which you want to move.
- Click “Add to My Drive” icon located at the top of the window. …
- A “Move To” window opens up.
- Select the folder from “My Drive” to move the file.
The first Google Drive limits the number of downloads of the file. The reason is that in the span of 24 hours, many people access the file. This case usually appears on Google Drive files that have been shared by someone. As a result, you cannot download the file in Google Drive.
There are detailed steps. Step 1: Go to the website of Copy URL to Google Drive. Step 2: Paste the link, select the target folder you want to save to and click on “Save, Copy to Google Drive”. Step 3: Click on “Save to Google Drive” button in the new window to complete the task.
Follow the steps below:
- Open a browser window and copy the link of the file that you want to download.
- Now open an Incognito window or any other browser but make sure that you are not signed in into your google account in that tab or browser.
- Hit download.
- That’s it.
Why there is no download option in Google Drive?
If you’re using multiple Google accounts (e.g. for work and personal), Google Drive sometimes might improperly mix up permissions to download certain files. To fix this, log out of all Google accounts. Then only log back in with the account that should have access to the file you want to download and try again.
Can viewers of Google Drive download?
Viewers are library users who can access documents in a read-only mode. By default, viewers can download, copy and print attachments.