The Share button is in the bottom right next to the Like and Comment buttons. It brings up a composer where you can add an optional description. When shared, the story will show “via [name of who originally posted it]”.
To generate a Facebook Share Button, visit https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/share-button and specify the URL you want people to share as well as the width. Then generate the code, and paste it into your site where you want the button to appear.
Make sure the first pull-down menu says Share On A Page You Manage. If it doesn’t, click on the arrow and select this option. Next, make sure the second pull-down menu directly below displays your Page (especially if you manage more than one). … Change the third pull-down menu to the right so you are Posting As yourself.
What do I do if it only shows the number of shares on Facebook when I want to see the names? … This is based on their personal privacy setting, eg, if the post is shared by someone your not friends with on Facebook, and their privacy is set to friends only, then you might not be able to see their name.
How to Change the Facebook Share Setting for Previously Shared…
- Visit your personal timeline and click the Activity Log button directly below your cover photo. …
- Find the status update for which you want to change the sharing preference. …
- Click the share icon and choose a sharing option from the list.
How To Create Your Own Share Links
- 1) Go to http://www.sharelinkgenerator.com/.
- 2) Choose the social network you want people to share your content on.
- 3) Fill in the blanks.
- 4) Download a social button icon.
- 5) Make the icons clickable using your share link.
Creating a shareable link makes it simple to share a document in an email, document, or IM.
- Select Share.
- Select Copy Link.
- Paste the link wherever you want. Note: If you need to change any permissions for the link, select Link settings.