You can share the files and folders that you store in Google Drive with anyone. When you share from Google Drive, you can control whether people can edit, comment on, or only view the file. When you share content from Google Drive, the Google Drive program policies apply.
Google Shared Drive: Create Shared Drive
- Navigate to Google Drive.
- In the left navigation, right click Shared Drives. …
- Click New Shared Drive.
- Enter New Shared Drive using naming convention (ex. …
- Click CREATE.
- Add additional members and set permissions:
When you share a link to a file, your name will be visible as the owner of the file.
- Open the file you want to share.
- Tap Share or Share .
- Under “Get Link,” on the right, tap the Down arrow .
- Choose who to share the file with.
- To decide what people can do with your file when you share it, select an option. …
- Tap Copy.
How to Share Google Drive Folder With Non-Gmail Users
- Click on Get Shareable link to copy the link on the clipboard. …
- Enter the Sharing settings. …
- Go to the Advanced settings to set sharing preference. …
- Change the file access permission. …
- Selecting the option On- Anyone with the link.
Shared Drives is only available with paid G Suite Business, Enterprise, or Education editions of G Suite. … My Drive is a free offering with default 15GB storage limits. You can buy more storage in case you need it anytime: 100GB for $1.99 per month, 200GB for $2.99, and 2TB for $9.99 per month.
Anyone can create a Google Shared drive and then add members and set permissions. You can designate a Google Group as the membership for a Shared drive. Using Workgroup Integration, you can create a Google Group from existing Stanford Workgroups.
Share a file publicly
- Choose an option: …
- Click Share or Share. …
- Under Get Link click Change to anyone with link.
- To decide what people can do with your public link when you share it, select Viewer, Commenter, or Editor.
- Click Done.
- Copy and paste the link in an email or any place you want to share it.
Share your Google Drive files publicly with no sign in required
- Select the blue Share button in the top right-hand side of your chosen Drive file.
- Select > Advanced in the bottom right-hand side, select > Change.
- You’ll see a range of Link Sharing options.
- Choose > On – public on the web > Choose Save.