How do I add someone to my Apple family?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings.
- Tap your name, then tap Family Sharing.
- Tap Add Member.
- Enter your family member’s name or email address and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Choose whether you’d like to send an invitation via Messages or to invite them in person.
Sharing an Apple ID on all devices in a family will ensure everyone has access to all the items purchased on iTunes or the App Store. While this works great for sharing purchased items, it can lead to problems by sharing Contacts, Calendars, Messages, and FaceTime.
Invite more people to share a folder or file
- Touch and hold the folder or file.
- Tap Share. , then tap Manage Shared Folder or Manage Shared File.
- Tap Add People and choose a method for sending the link.
- Enter any other requested information, then send or post the invitation.
Use a different Apple ID to share purchases with Family Sharing
- Tap Settings > [your name], then click Family Sharing.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Account.
- Erase the Apple ID that’s listed, then enter the Apple ID and password that you want to use.
- Tap Use This Account.
Open the Settings app. Tap your name, then tap Family Sharing. Tap Purchase Sharing. Tap Continue and follow the onscreen instructions.
Why can’t I add someone to Apple Family Sharing?
Check your settings to make sure that you’re signed in everywhere with the same Apple ID, including Family Sharing and purchase sharing. Then ask your family members to check their settings too.
What happens if I use the same Apple ID on two devices?
If you use all the same information, same Apple ID and don’t use the cloud, you will have all of each other’s information on both phones. The phones will mirror any information synced with Apple ID. You can use your phone number to use FaceTime on the iPhone. IMessage is also the texting application.
How can I use the same Apple ID on two devices?
Sign in with a different Apple ID to create your new account. Choose Merge to upload your data. Once you are on separate accounts, you can each go to icloud.com and delete the other person’s data from your account.
How do I separate two devices with the same Apple ID?
Short answer is you can’t have both. By sharing an Apple ID, you are the same person using 2 different devices. Your phones are behaving as designed.
Can you have two users on iPad?
Shared iPad is a multiuser mode for use in iPad deployments. It allows users to share an iPad while maintaining separation of documents and data for each user. … In iPadOS 13.4 or later, users can also sign in to a temporary session.
However, there are some tricks you can use to make sharing an iPad a little easier.
- Set up Folders on Your iPad.
- Use SpotLight Wisely.
- Use Separate Email Apps and Web Browsers.
- Social Media Workarounds.
- Activate Touch ID for Each User.
How do I set up another user on my iPad?
Question: Q: How to create multiple users on iPad
Create multiple user accounts in iPad by signing out of your iCloud and have the new user sign in with her iCloud account. If your a parent, just create a new Apple id for your kid(s).