You can use your phone’s mobile data to connect another phone, tablet, or computer to the internet. Sharing a connection this way is called tethering or using a hotspot. Some phones can share Wi-Fi connection by tethering. Most Android phones can share mobile data by Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or USB.
How to share your Wi-Fi password
- Make sure that your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect.
- On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
You can sign in to apps and sites on different devices using passwords saved to your Google Account when you either: Turn on sync in Chrome on Android.
Manage offers to save passwords
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click Profile. Passwords.
- Turn Offer to save passwords on or off.
If you’re having trouble sharing WiFi password between the devices, here are a few ways to make it work: Restart the iPhone and another device. Make sure that both devices have the most recent software updates. To update your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install.
Make sure that your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network. Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect. On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
How can I connect to WiFi with another WiFi?
Select the Network or Wifi icon in the notification area. In the list of networks, choose the network that you want to connect to, and then select Connect. Type the security key (often called the password). Follow additional instructions if there are any.
Using QR Codes
As for now, it’s available on all phones running Android 10, followed by Samsung devices running OneUI. If you’ve got one, go to the WiFi settings, tap the WiFi network you’re connected to and click the Share button. It’ll then show you the QR code to be scanned to share the internet with other people.
How can I get the password for my WiFi?
In Network and Sharing Center, next to Connections, select your Wi-Fi network name. In Wi-Fi Status, select Wireless Properties. In Wireless Network Properties, select the Security tab, then select the Show characters check box. Your Wi-Fi network password is displayed in the Network security key box.
Can you get WiFi password from iPhone?
To find your WiFi password on an iPhone, go to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud and turn Keychain on. … Finally, open Keychain Access, search for your WiFi network’sname, and check the box next to Show Password.
How do you connect to WiFi without the password on an iPhone?
How Can I Connect To A Friend’s Wifi Without A Password?
- Open the home screen of your device.
- Go to the settings folder.
- Choose the internet and network settings option.
- Tap on the wifi field.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Press the connect by WPS button.
How do I AirDrop my WiFi password?
- Make sure your device is connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to share and go to Settings, Network and Internet (it might be called Connections depending on your device), then Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the cog next to your Wi-Fi network.
- Tap the Share icon on the right and you should see a QR code on the screen.